Tuesday, February 22, 2011
A Little Introduction
Movies are a beautiful thing. They are the best way to escape the real world, the best vacation from your mind. I could spend hours and hours talking about movies--the actors, the dialogue, the plot, the ending. I love to overanalyze them more than anything. Not everyone I know likes to, though, but I'm sure there are many people out there in the world who do and I hope to hear feedback on my reviews and opinions through posting on here. I'm a projectionist at a movie theater, so I probably get to see more movies than most people do. I'll even watch movies that don't necessarily look like they're worth paying for and sometimes I'll actually enjoy them. I hope to give good recommendations, also, to people who aren't sure of what they want to see. So let the reviews begin! I'll have a chance to hit the movies tomorrow and have my first review up within a few days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I had no clue that they still employed people as projectionists - thought it was all done by computer these days. Shows how little I know.
ReplyDeleteWhat did you think about The King's Speech? I really liked it. Probably because it was a real story that was not over-exaggerated.
I believe that most theaters in Vegas are all digital and do run off computers, but I do imagine that they have someone to download the movies to the computers, create the movie playlists and start and stop the movies. But the theater I work at still has some film projectors so someone has to put the reels of film together.
ReplyDeleteThe King's Speech is a movie I've been really wanting to see, but haven't had the chance to. I've heard nothing but good comments from people who have seen it. I've caught a few parts of it here and there and liked what I saw. I'm a big fan of English films. I also really like Helena Bonham Carter. I think she's a great actress.